Join now - be part of our community!

Z5 Compact with "Adaptive Brightness" generates color distortion when unlocking

SOLVED
SebastianD
Contributor

Z5 Compact with "Adaptive Brightness" generates color distortion when unlocking

Hi,

I'm having an issue with my Z5 Compact when unlocking the screen. (Specially in dark rooms). The colors are totally "washed" for a few seconds, until adaptive brightness starts to work. 

Sometimes in a dark room (like the bedroom) there is a 50% chance or more of this to happen.

To reproduce this: You need to use "adaptive brightness" under settings. And you need to unlock your phone a few times. I'd recommend you to do this using Tapatalk (Dark theme). 

Anyway,

I'm posting this because I've received an update yesterday from 32.0.A.4.11 to 32.0.A.5.32 and the issue is still here.

Should I replace my device? Or just wait for another firmware? 

Regards,

Sebastian. 

63 REPLIES 63
MisterComputer
Visitor

Hey,

i fixed this but disabling the auto brightness and installing the Lux app to handle it instead, looks like the sony one is broken, after using the Lux app my screen looks better all the time

SebastianD
Contributor

Well that is a workaround option.

But the idea here is to be able to use the native Android "adaptive brightness" function without a problem.

We need a driver update or something asap!
Rickard
Master

We have found the cause for this and it will be fixed in the update to Android 6.0.

Ali99
Visitor

Thanks Rickard!

When is the update to 6.0 planned for Xperia z5 / z5c / z5p?

snapdragon810
Visitor

greetings guys,

i found an app called lux lite dash it is very useful and easy to use check it out. it will automatically disable the native daptive brightness and it will use its own which will fix this issue and has lots of cool options. other apps i tried they actually use the native adaptive brightness which is useless.

Zohaib0001
Visitor

Hello to xperia z5 developers
Previously i was using z2 and z3 both were good
And now i am using z5
I am running latest firmware 32.0.A.6.152

But i am facing some problems in z5 that are software related please try to solve them in next update

1- some time auto brightness did not work properly, my device brightness remain very low even in good light condition also

2- some time my device produced very good colours and some time when i unlock screen my device produced white colour more
Everything is looking whitish

3- i feel that z5 is not produce black colour well
Please recalibrate his display and make black good

I know this problem is not related with hardware because when z3 launched it have these problems also but with software update all fix in z3

Please try to fix these problems in z5 also

I alao factory reset my phone and flash the firmware 2 times but problem were not solved
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert
Tzsimtik
Visitor

it is very tricky to set the brightness of the z5 premium to hiest level

sadenly its drop

and i turn of adaptive brightness and still i remember it was brighter help me

profile.country.GB.title
macarte92

Thank goodness this has been spotted, I have been using Lux but the sampling rate is too high so I have it set to the slowest to stop it changing all the time.

SebastianD
Contributor

I can't wait for the fix. 

I'm trying to disable "Adaptive Brightness" (as a workaround) all the time but can't use the phone without that important feature. So I'm enabling the feature back and try to live with grays instead of blacks. 

Apparently it's fixed in the next Sony OTA (if it install Marshmallow). If not, I'll go to Xperia Care.