Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z3 plus turns off at 50% battery

aripel
Visitor

Xperia Z3 plus turns off at 50% battery

I own the phone for more than a year and I have a problem

I have 50% of battery and the phone turns off and tells me that battery is dead..I plug the charger it shows me that I have 55%
What is wrong?
Should the battery be changed?

Tags (1)
20 REPLIES 20
Emir1
Hero

Hi @aripel, I'm very sorry to hear about that. Slightly_frowning_Face

Does it always occur once the battery reaches 50%, or has it only happened once?

I suggest that you try to recalibrate the battery by first charging it fully to 100% then use it down to about 5%; then turn the device off using the OFF-button next to the SIM area. Once it's off, charge it to 100% again before starting the device.

Let me know if you still experience the same after trying that! Slightly_smiling_Face

aripel
Visitor

It happened even with battery 70%..many times I will try that and see if there are any results
Emir1
Hero

I understand, and yes please try what I suggested and report back.

aripel
Visitor

I did try 2 times and last night from 49% showed me 0% and while powering off showed 48% but the phone turned off..
I think the battery should be changed as phone is still in warranty
aripel
Visitor

But if I change the battery will the problem disappear?
Emir1
Hero

Are you unable to use the device until it discharges? I mean, does it always turn off at about 50%? In that case, I would suggest that you try performing a software repair using Xperia Companion prior to sending it to service. Should it still persist after the software repair, then I advise you to contact your Local support in order to be assisted in sending it in for service.

aripel
Visitor

Yes it does happen after battery drops under 55%(it turns off)if I try to turn on quick shows battery flat but if I leave it for 5 mins shows me 50%
I've tried to do software repair but it gives me a error (UELoginerror
aripel
Visitor

UELoginNetworkError
aripel
Visitor

I do have good Internet connection and I tried over Wi-Fi and Cable connection
Nothing happens