Join now - be part of our community!

Update 23.5.a.1.291 battery optimization

SOLVED
DiegoSalazarG
Visitor

Update 23.5.a.1.291 battery optimization

So today my Xperia Z3 updated and a screen saying something like:
The maximum amount of charge has been reduced to optimize the batter. Check ... to change it.

Then another screen came on top of it so I couldn't read the previous one carefully but it looked important because my battery went down from 52% to 40% after 5 minutes of update (this must've something to do with it).

What was the full message cause I couldn't find anything related in Settings-Battery optimization other than the return of stamina mode.

27 REPLIES 27
CyberChulo
Visitor

OK after about 3 hours the phone is now at 97 percent with minimal use (texting, Google maps) so far. I'd say the update has improved my battery life without turning on stamina mode yet. I've had this phone since June 2015

ikramkhasim
Visitor

Not sure if mine is considered Japan version. It's 6653, and if I plug in a magnetic cable with a high amp, it will say "rapidly charging" on screen.
Fexjo
Visitor

QC 2.0 from Snapdragon that uses 9V charging only supported on Japan version and through micro usb cable..
Magnetic cable is not supported QC.
And i forget how to identify the Japan version
Yes, we can only use rapid charging (5V 2A charger) and it's still slow..

*QC (Quick Charge) 2.0 ~ 0-60% on 30 mins
Fexjo
Visitor

@CyberChulo Actually this update improves battery-cycle, not "battery usage time". So probably you you'll find your device drain faster.
That is why it says "This may shorten the usage time of your device"
ikramkhasim
Visitor

Yeah, mine's not the Japan version then. But the reason I'm asking is that I'm still wondering if this option will make charging slower. For instance I had it on while using Waze and was charging it at the same time. Previously before the update, the battery would either charge slowly or be maintained at the same percentage (just because GPS and screen is always on). However, after the update and with charging optimization on, the phone battery kept draining while charging. I also noticed that it estimated a full charge from 40% to full at about 5 hours when on the magnetic dock at home, and usually it only takes a couple hours. 

CyberChulo
Visitor

It's been 12 hours so far and down to 87%. I'll leave it uncharged and continue to use it regularly today while travelling to work. I'll let you guys know how it goes. By comparison, before this update I would have been down to 65 to 70% by now. 

ikramkhasim
Visitor

12 hours and still at 87% is something I haven't achieved before, unless I don't touch my phone at all!

CyberChulo
Visitor

Lol. To be more specific. I just woke up after 12 hours of sleeping. It was down to 91% when I fell asleep. Usually the battery will go down between 65% to 70% when I reach for my phone in the morning. Since this is way better than before the update. I'm going to assume it will last longer through normal use during the day. We'll see what happens today. 

ikramkhasim
Visitor

Whew! I was getting alarmed there.
Fexjo
Visitor

hahaha
@ikramkhasim it shouldn't be slower..
i'm concern about either your bad battery condition, or your magnetic dock / cable..
My suggestion is to download "Ampere" on PlayStore and see your charging current.. mine is about 1.2A when using my Magnetic cable
And see your car charger, i suggest you change your car charger to the one with 5V 2A output (USB slot on car usually has 5V 0.5-1A)
because i never had draining when using waze and charge at the same time..

@CyberChulo my friend, i think your phone has problem app before the update.. hahaha, because mine always down about <5% in the morning after i sleep 8-10 hrs