Join now - be part of our community!

Don't send phone in go to a repair shop warrenty trap

Sonybentphone1s
Visitor

Don't send phone in go to a repair shop warrenty trap

Phone died due to a software issue and just did not charge. I was assured of that over the phone with no mention of cost and a 7 day turn around from when their repair shop received it booked my phone in next day online and my package collected that evening.
Was then told of my warranty being void due to the handset being slightly bent and asked for 320 pounds to fix the phone. The handset had been bent in my pocket the first two days I had it due to holding it in my jeans pocket, the handset was still water proof and worked for nervy a year before the software issue occurred all I want is the software issue fixed but am having to pay and go without a phone for nearly 2 months while paying a contract I can't use not happy at all.
THERE SHOULD BE WARNING LABELS AGAINST CARRYING THE PHONE IN POCKETS AND STRICTER QUESTIONS WHEN BOOKING IN AS NOT TO BE LED INTO A MONEY TRAP LIKE I WAS !
11 REPLIES 11
anti-sony
New

Hi everyone,

This is my problem with SONY repair trap! I posted this a while ago:

----------------

Let's get to the main issue. First, I bought z5 about 4 months ago and three weeks ago, the wifi just kept dropping especially after I wake up (though I had the wifi always on from settings). I tried xperia companion to fix the software but no success. The worst thing I couldn't start the set-up process because the wifi cannot be turned on: a message keeps popping up saying "turning on". So I sent the device to Sony in Kent. What they said was absolutely ridiculous. They said the "display is damaged and, therefore, your warranty is void"! Imagine that! I replied what does the wifi and also bluetooth have to do with display since it is, in fact, working just fine?!?!?!!?!? They said if the display is damaged, then the warranty is "automatically" becomes void!!!!!! And they asked for 118 pounds in order to fix it! Unbelievable.

I asked them to return my device and according to their ridiculous rules, I need to pay 20 pounds for the shipping and handling!

I will never buy any device from sony again. I know it won't affect sony, but I wanted to warn you guys.

----------------------

Update: I bought SAMSUNG S7 and it's flawless. My brother also owns SONY Z5 premium but he has terrible overheating issue so he's thinking to get another phone though we've both had different sony phones b4.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Enjoy your new device 

@anti-sony wrote:

Hi everyone,

This is my problem with SONY repair trap! I posted this a while ago:

----------------

Let's get to the main issue. First, I bought z5 about 4 months ago and three weeks ago, the wifi just kept dropping especially after I wake up (though I had the wifi always on from settings). I tried xperia companion to fix the software but no success. The worst thing I couldn't start the set-up process because the wifi cannot be turned on: a message keeps popping up saying "turning on". So I sent the device to Sony in Kent. What they said was absolutely ridiculous. They said the "display is damaged and, therefore, your warranty is void"! Imagine that! I replied what does the wifi and also bluetooth have to do with display since it is, in fact, working just fine?!?!?!!?!? They said if the display is damaged, then the warranty is "automatically" becomes void!!!!!! And they asked for 118 pounds in order to fix it! Unbelievable.

I asked them to return my device and according to their ridiculous rules, I need to pay 20 pounds for the shipping and handling!

I will never buy any device from sony again. I know it won't affect sony, but I wanted to warn you guys.

----------------------

Update: I bought SAMSUNG S7 and it's flawless. My brother also owns SONY Z5 premium but he has terrible overheating issue so he's thinking to get another phone though we've both had different sony phones b4.