Join now - be part of our community!

Access rights to ext mem and default apps reset on phone start

SOLVED
lchmiel
Visitor

Access rights to ext mem and default apps reset on phone start

Each time I start the phone I have to change the default SMS engine to GO SMS Pro, set up access rights to she external memory card for Solid Explorer which I use as the default file manager, and change some other, related settings in the Jabra headphone and camera FV5. It was not so with the previous version of Android 6. Now I have v. 6.0.1.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
lchmiel
Visitor

The problems with default SMS app and default way of reading SMS messages aloud were solved by moving all the relevant apps to main memory.

They were moved to the SD card according to the recommendation of the system, to save memory. This was a bad idea.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Do you have a taskiller, cleanmaster/cache cleaning app, etc? 

lchmiel
Visitor

Occasionally I clean the cache with AVG. However, this is done in the middle of the day, while the problems described appear as soon as the system starts.
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Uninstall any of those apps and check again. 

lchmiel
Visitor

Did not help at all.

This was AVG cleaner for Xperia.
lchmiel
Visitor

The problems with default SMS app and default way of reading SMS messages aloud were solved by moving all the relevant apps to main memory.

They were moved to the SD card according to the recommendation of the system, to save memory. This was a bad idea.