Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia XZ3 Warranty

bedbug54
Visitor

Xperia XZ3 Warranty

• Hello I will buy Xperia XZ3 (H9493) from amazon in USA. But seller says "international stock no warranty". Can I get Warranty from Sony? I'm in the Turkey when I get issue with phone where can I send? (Sony stopped his facilities in Turkey)
5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@bedbug54 

The XZ3 its an amazing device, unfortunately no one can truly answer warranty info here at the forum, as this is a global user based forum. You could ask the seller where the phone is originally purchased from, perhaps it's European and you might be able to send it for repair in case you need to.

You can also contact Sony directly >>> https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

They should be able to guide you as to which countries have support and more options for you. 

Jonas
Master

Hi @bedbug54, welcome to our forum!

As @uliwooly mentioned, it is a bit tricky to answer this here at our Global user based forum, but I will try and give you as much information as possible.

To start with, the H9493 is the Chinese model of the Xperia XZ3 and at least in the Nordics where I'm situated, the specific model of a device will need to be released in the market where you want it repaired within the warranty, so a Chinese version of the Xperia XZ3 will not have any warranty in the Nordics, even though the Xperia XZ3 is launched here, but not this specific version and there is no Global/international warranty.

You will also not be able to use VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling if this is available via your operator since in most cases, a operator/market specific software is needed for this.

You can of course double check all this information with your Local support team that you can reach on the link below since it can vary between markets/regions.

https://support.sonymobile.com/tr/contactUs/

I hope that adds some more information at least!

bedbug54
Visitor

Is Sony gives 2 year warranty this device because seller says no warranty?

bedbug54
Visitor

Is this Chinese version? I know it's Taiwanese version.

Jonas
Master

Hi again @bedbug54, sorry for the late reply.

There is always a manufacturer warranty, however I'm not quite sure how long it's valid in specific markets. I know most if not all countries in Europe has a 2 year warranty, but for Asia, I'm not quite sure. It will be shown in the warranty terms though. You may want to ask the seller if it means that he is leaving no warranty for the device himself, but the manufacturer warranty should always be valid.

It says MU Greater China for H9493, but it seems to be sold to Taiwan and Hong Kong.

I hope that helps!