Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia XZ2 - Enabling Wi-Fi calling

profile.country.GB.title
Constantfrustraton

Xperia XZ2 - Enabling Wi-Fi calling

Good Morning,

My provider Smarty are fibally offering Wi-Fi calling. They posted a step-by-step guide of how to turn it on. Unfortunately the Wi-Fi Calling option is not visable on my XZ2. Smarty has suggested I contact Sony. Anybody else had this? 

1.         From the home screen, tap Phone
2.         Tap Menu
3.         Tap Settings
4.         Tap Calls
5.         Tap WiFi Calling
You can now enable WiFi Calling.

If you do not see this - then you'll need to get in touch with Sony to get it available. 
6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi there, as far as I know to have a Wi-Fi calling on your device , it has to be bought from a network operator to have a sort of customized software by them on the device.

profile.country.GB.title
Constantfrustraton

Thanks for your reply. So I need to get back to Smarty then? Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Constantfrustraton

Anyone else have any idea on this? Smarty now have said that the XZ2 is compatible for WiFi Calls. Tried the SIM on a Huwaei P30 Pro and WiFi calling was active. 

Please find the results of a *#*#INFO#*#* dial below. I'm stumped as to why I can't get it to work on my XZ2

Screenshot_20211202-204210.png

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi @ Constantfrustraton

Did you try to contact Sony about it ? and what did they advised with if you did?

profile.country.GB.title
Constantfrustraton

I spoke with Sony via webchat and they told me its "an operator issue" so gone back to Smarty. Been escalated to Networking Team as the advisor didn't know what to appart from resetting the APN settings

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

I believe they might be able to solve it after escalating it to their engineers.

Keep us updated with outcome though