Join now - be part of our community!

Touchscreen issues

LouisC
Visitor

Touchscreen issues

Hello everyone, 

I'm having trouble with the touchscreen of my XZ2 Compact. 

Several times a day, it's suddenly not reacting anymore. This happens right in the middle of doing something, like typing or scrolling. It just stops reacting to my inputs. I solve the problem by turning the screen off with the power button, and back on. But even then, I mostly need to do it several times, before the screen answers so my inputs again. Afterwards the screens works fine for some seconds, then the problem reappears. 

Strangely, later in the day, it works perfectly fine for some hours, before the problem comes back again for some minutes.

I also have a quite opposite phenomenon sometimes (maybe once every 2 days), where the screen seems to be oversensitive. I notice it when typing something. I press on a letter, and suddenly it's writing 5 at once (resulting in strange results by the auto correct function). It's extremely difficult to write with that. After reopening the keyboard and/or turning the screen off and on, it's all normal again. 

The problems increased greatly the last days, which is really annoying. Therefore I decided to ask for help, maybe there is a simple solution.

I'm using a screen protector. It's applied without any bubbles. But I also observed my first problem a few weeks ago, when I had no protector on the screen. So I don't think, that's the cause.

I also tried the support app. When I perform the touchscreen test, of course the result is okay, as the screen has to be working in order to start the test. So that's no help unfortunately. 

I hope someone is able to help me, otherwise my last option will be sending my device in to have it checked.

Louis 

14 REPLIES 14
Jonas
Master

Hi @S0IVY, sorry to hear that.

If it started directly after the device was dropped, there is most likely some internal damage as you can't see any visual damage.

In this case, get in touch with the Local support team in your market as the device will need to be examined by a technician at an authorized service centre.

profile.country.GB.title
ronald.ward1
Explorer

Have had a problem that's started in the last week or so:  screen locks-up on start-up but works if you press the HOME key or close and then open the screen.  Does not occur again until you switch off and then restart.

Have tried Sony repair and a few others too no avail.

Any ideas, I seem to think it's something to do with a setting which does not unlock the screen?

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi @ronald.ward1

Did you try to test your phone on safe mode ?

profile.country.GB.title
ronald.ward1
Explorer

Thank you and have now and it's the same.

Seems very like a screen lock where you have to press the 'Home' to release it.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Sorry to hear that. You can have look on the steps here , they could help.