Join now - be part of our community!

Apps to SD Storage Failure

SOLVED
cst
Visitor

Apps to SD Storage Failure

I know certain apps can't be moved on Android 6 but when I try and move one that has the option to change it informs me that there is insufficient space on my SD card when it has 27gb free. I have used the option to move photos etc and that works fine and the free SD storage shows up correctly on the system. Disappointing as I have just "upgraded" from a really good HTC Mini2 primarily for the wifi calling feature which the HTC doesn't have. Beginning to wonder if I have done the right thing as my battery is also pretty poor compared to the HTC. Help and comments appreciated.

Thanks

Clive

Xperia XA Purchased Dec 2016

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cst
Visitor

Many thanks.

All went well with the SD card issue. The battery usage I will try and do tomorrow because I have been moving a few apps and getting to know the phone better so I could not class that as normal usage today. I will charge up again tonight. It is down to 38% now (10.40pm)and I have only made one call and about six Whatsapp messages. It was 100% at 10am. Main culprit is Screen at 29% and I have it timed out at 30 seconds and not too bright. Cell standby is next at 8% and all the rest are 2 to 4%.

Thanks for your help it is much appreciated!

cst

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@cst

Do you have the Xperia XA or XA Ultra?

Xperia XA

Display 5in

Battery 2300mAh

Android 6.0.1

Mediatek MT6755

Octa-core

2GB RAM

Xperia XA Ultra

Display 6in

Battery 2700mAh

Mediatek MT6755

Octa-core

3GB RAM

HTC One mini 2

Display 4.5in

Battery 2110mAh

Android 4.4.2

Snapdragon 400 

Quad-core

1GB RAM

There are HUGE differences between your older phone and your new Xperia 

Assuming that you haven't reformat the SD card, back up everything with your computer and then reformat the SD card. 

cst
Visitor

Ok, do I format it on the pc or phone?
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@cst

Either or, I'll go with the phone

Charge the phone 100% use it as you normally would > once the battery is down to 50% > 

settings > battery > tap on the battery icon > you can see what has been using up the battery

take a screenshot of this graph and list > tap on the top 4 items on the list > take screenshots > post it all here 

Also, go to settings > about phone > status > signal strength > take a screenshot and post it here. 

cst
Visitor

I will be away a day or two but will do it on my return, unless \i get spare time. Will let you know result and many thanks for swift assistance,

cst

cst
Visitor

Many thanks.

All went well with the SD card issue. The battery usage I will try and do tomorrow because I have been moving a few apps and getting to know the phone better so I could not class that as normal usage today. I will charge up again tonight. It is down to 38% now (10.40pm)and I have only made one call and about six Whatsapp messages. It was 100% at 10am. Main culprit is Screen at 29% and I have it timed out at 30 seconds and not too bright. Cell standby is next at 8% and all the rest are 2 to 4%.

Thanks for your help it is much appreciated!

cst

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@cst

we need to see the screenshots, also, whatsapp will drain your battery, even if you don't use it, it has to stay connected at all time, just like facebook, facebook messenger, etc. 

cst
Visitor

As I said, I will recharge and try normal usage then post. Whatsapp is the only social media I use and never bothered my HTC for the last two years, so I wouldn't expect it to cause a problem with a more modern and better spec phone. I will keep you informed.

Thanks

cst

cst
Visitor

Screenshot_20161221-224655.pngScreenshot_20161221-224513.png

These are todays, I will do a normal day tomorrow so we can see the difference. I have taken a few tips from others and disabled wifi scanning etc since this upload.

Thanks

cst

cst
Visitor

Screenshot_20161222-191851.pngScreenshot_20161222-191906.pngScreenshot_20161222-191915.png

Todays screenshots on a normal day as requested

Thanks

cst