Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia X Compact stopped making calls and texts

Poeaub
Visitor

Xperia X Compact stopped making calls and texts

Hi since Friday my x compact won't allow me to ring or receive calls or texts it went off Friday came on briefly yesterday but the battery went and now I have the same problem is there a solution 

10 REPLIES 10
Poeaub
Visitor

Also performed software repair, factory reset, safe mode so far nothing has worked to rectify the problem 

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

If you've tried all the above you mentioned, you should probably contact your Local support for a device evaluation.

Though, I would try cleaning the SIM card contact points first, sometimes a dirty SIM can cause this.

Poeaub
Visitor

Hi I have blown into the sim slot to try clear it that unfortunately I cannot remove the back off the phone as its all built in and I do not own the right tools and I'm heavy handed lol 

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

I meant the SIM card.

Poeaub
Visitor

I have cleaned the sim card and I had no joy with that or anything I did 

pseudonym
Contributor

There have been a number of recent reports about SIM cards suddenly not being recognized by the phone. It is odd that this can apparently happen suddenly, and only on certain phones. My thought was that maybe there is a particular production run of the X Compact that has a defective SIM tray, or one that is more prone to failure. 

Given that the phone is approaching 2 years since release, it's unlikely that the situation can be handled other than on an individual basis. If your phone is still under warranty, it's possible that Sony might replace it entirely, rather than attempt to repair it.

Poeaub
Visitor

Hi how can I find out if its still under warranty 

Poeaub
Visitor

And do you no any contact details for the proper Sony department I would need to speak to as in email address or telephone number

pseudonym
Contributor

Run the Support app and scroll down to the bottom of the main window. You'll see when your warranty period expires.

For the warranty contact information, you might need to visit the Sony website (depends on your location).