Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Performance X not detected by computer via USB

Vic32
Visitor

Xperia Performance X not detected by computer via USB

Hello, 
My phone has several issues. 
1. It is not picked up by the computer via USB. 
2. It takes a really long time to charge. Several hours.

3. When the phone is turned off, I will connect it to the computer but the computer will not charge it. 

4. When the phone is completely dead it will not charge even if plugged to wall charger unless i connect it to my computer, and restart the computer. This will get the battery charging, and then I can connect the phone to the wall charger and the phone will charge. Even then, the computer will not pick up the phone. 
5. When I try to factory reset the phone, the phone will not restart automatically, but it turns off by itself. Then I have to turn it on. However, it does not go back to an older version of android. The phone has android 8.0.

I tried fixing the phone with Xperia Companion software, but my computer will not pick up the phone even after turning off the phone, pressing volume down, connecting to the computer via USB, and waiting for Companion to proceed. Companion does not proceed. 

I tried changing USB in my phone to phone MTP, etc. But the option does not show at all. 
I tried putting my phone in developer mode, so it would connect via USB. It does not work. 
I replaced the cable several times. It is not the cable. 

Please help.
Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

It seems a cable or connector issue.

You really tried the lot!

One more thing to try:

In Xperia Companion do NOT choose your device but tick the My device cannot be detected or started or smartwatch option in the lower left corner.

Then do the software repair.

PS You mentioned you replaced the cable. Same cable in and out or did you use other cables?

Vic32
Visitor

Hi, thanks for the heads up, I did that but the phone is still not picked by the computer.
The software asks me to turn off the phone, then wait 5 seconds, turn press the volume down button and wait for the program to recognize the phone. 
It never does. 
Thanks

gayuh47
Visitor

same problem, have you found the solution?  are you trying to replace usb port connectors ?