Join now - be part of our community!

Strange beep sound in xperia X

SyedTalib27
Visitor

Strange beep sound in xperia X

Hello

I got a xperia X dual sim, which is a year old and updated to oreo. Am encountering a strange problem which I did not face earlier. There's a strange beep sound which resembles the sound which phone makes when the phone is switched from silent mode to general mode. This sound is only coming when the phone is in general mode and it is very frequent (once every minute or two). The phone doesn't make any such sound when I actually turn the phone from silent mode to general mode. I have tried keeping my phone on safe mode and found the problem still persisting. Am sure this is some kind of bug or something else with software.

Are everyone else also facing the same issue? Can anyone help me solve this issue? 

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Jonas
Master

Hi @SyedTalib27, sorry to hear about this. Slightly_frowning_Face

That sounds very strange as it occurs in safe mode as well and as far as I understand, there is no new notification in the notification field of the device when this sound is played, is that correct?

Do you have your device in a case together with a bank or bus card? If you do, can you try and temporarily disabled the NFC function on the device and see if there is any change? You can do so in Settings > Device connection > NFC.

Let me know how it goes!