Join now - be part of our community!

SIM card not detected after OTA upgrade to 34.4.A.2.85 (Oreo), please help!

JayEffPee
Visitor

SIM card not detected after OTA upgrade to 34.4.A.2.85 (Oreo), please help!

Hi friends,

I've just upgraded my Sony X Compact (F5321) to latest Android 8.0.0, version 34.4.A.2.85, via OTA, and SIM card is not detected anymore. I've tried to restart the phone several times, also tried to stop "Xperia Assist" app (it was not stopped). I have removed the SIM card and re-inserted, and no solution. SIM card is still not detected. Does anybody solved this ? preferably not doing a Factory Reset. Thanks a lot in advance for an urgent reply. I work with the phone.

24 REPLIES 24
MrDotschi
Visitor

Hi,

Same Problem,

Reset didnt work 

Sorry 

JayEffPee
Visitor

Hi, MrDotschi

did you have the same problem, exactly after the upgrade? Yes, I have tried Repair software and Factory Reset and it didn't work. I'm trying to get help from Xperia Care support from Argentina (for .i.e. a Downgrade within Warrany), but they don't want to help me, they say that I have to send it to distributor I have bought it. Unbelievable!!

MrDotschi
Visitor

Hallo,

Here in Germany the same.

I am in contact with Sony.

Hopefully there is a way to solve this.

Let me know,please.

Bye

JayEffPee
Visitor

Hi, I will call Sony Latam again today. If you get a solution, please, post it here, or send me a private message.

I will do the same.

thanks 

reikar
Visitor

Updated my Customized NOBA firmware today morning. So far all working OK. Don't have any SIM card problems.

Have you tried other SIMs in your phone, or your SIM in some other phone? Then you could rule out if it's SIM card problem or phone problem.

MrDotschi
Visitor

Hallo,

Phone Problem!

Support told me to use Software repair,  but didn't work.

All reset didn't work.

Thanks

myme
Visitor

Same issues. Upgraded last night. Tried with a different SIM card, same issue. Phone was working flawlessly up until the FW upgrade.

myme
Visitor

Did a "Software repair" using Xperia Companion. Phone was reset, but still no service after boot.

JayEffPee
Visitor

Hi all,

the issue now is even stranger. I went to my Phone company and requested a new SIM card. the activated it and I inserted in the phone. It didn´t work. They told me to go to Sony local service support. I went home and tried the new SIM card in another older phone (an LG L1). It worked fine even with the big SIM card adaptor (the phone is old model.). Then I have inserted the SIM card back in my Sony X Compact.... it started to work!! After one day, suddenly, the SIM card was not detected again (no shutdown, drop, anything). Rebooted and removed and reinserted back. Now its working again.. I'm really confused ...:smileyconfused: