Join now - be part of our community!

Problems after updating to Android 8.0 oreo

Hatim2
Visitor

Problems after updating to Android 8.0 oreo

I updated my sony Xperia X to Android 8.0 and after the update i am unable to open the camera app and my mobile does not recognise any wifi networks. i had to install third party camera apps to take photos. When i open the system camera app, it shows a tutorial and the turorial restarts even after clicking GOT IT. so i am unable to enter the camera. 

Please provide a solution to the same. 

17 REPLIES 17
profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@Hatim2

On major updates (like from Nougat to Oreo), I'd suggest that you perform a software repair using Xperia Companion. This will do a clean installation of the latest firmware and will also wipe your internal memory. Don't forget to backup using Xperia Companion, but preferably without adding apps or settings to the backup.

This procedure can help you getting a clean experience as it eliminates any software artifacts from the previous version that may render the new one unstable.

ISyed
Visitor

Even i experience some similar issue after oreo update. 

Phone started break charging and also the phone display started flickering. I'm unable to fully charge after that. 

Gogum
Visitor

After New update to Android 8.0 my jackpot stop working please help!!! 

Fkazazi
Visitor

I have exactly the same problem, seems there is a compatibility glitch. Please advise if you managed to sort the problem. Thank you and kind regards.

Fkazazi
Visitor

I have the same problem with the camera (the tutorial restarts after clicking GOT IT). Did anyone manage to solve the problem?

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

@Fkazazibest chance is @Quester 's advice.

There is one thing you could try: goto settings->apps>camera->storage and clear data and cache

Then restart your device.

See what happens.

Monk99
Visitor

I have exactly the same issue? I can't stop the notices about geotagging photos and after hitting the "Got it" button the same messages pop up preventing the use of the camera! Very frustrating!

Has anyone found a fix yet  

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

@Monk99

Try this:

• goto settings
  • Apps & notifications
  • App info
  • Camera
  • Permission
  • Switch Location to ON
garthdammit
Visitor

Ever since I did the oreo upgrade my SD card is corrupt.  Reformated etc, lost every picture/video, my Storage space is 76% full with not many apps, no pics, no vids, no music, no nothing yet my SD card is corrupt and phone is slow as molasis.  Did the cashe clearing which did sweet FA.  Would a full factory reset do anything to eleviate this BS??