Join now - be part of our community!

native equalizer not working

Tomasclaro
Visitor

native equalizer not working

hi, 

i read about a native equalizer of the xperia x compact. 

first of all > it doesn work for me. I use mainstream audio app like soundcloud in example, but when i change presets nothing happens. Do i miss anything in the settings? is this a bug? moreover no one of the other audio settings provided in the same sections is working form me (like dynamix normalizer or dsee hx..)

second one > it's quite annoying to reach the eq through the standard path: 

general setting > audio and notifications> quality/audio settings > sound effects > equalizer

is there any shortcut avalible ???

thanks !

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Calls won't be changed with the audio enhancements
Tomasclaro
Visitor

my god.. 

youtube doesn t work, calls doesn't work, soundlcoud doesn't work. 

i m just wondering how can i use this equalizer... 

Emir1
Hero

As @Viridis mentioned above, I'm afraid the EQ does not affect phone calls. As for other third party apps, I'm afraid I have to refer to my previous post where this is dependant on the third party app itself in that it has to choose to utilize the EQ. Slightly_frowning_Face

Afinn
Visitor

I have a Samsung galaxy s7 edge, and it also does have an eq and some other options Forssa sound quality. And the eq works with all the apps i have tried atleast. (SoundCloud, YouTube, bandcamp, deezer, vk.com, mixcloud...) 

I just dont understand this, why cant the eq just work For the whole system and its sounds. And then exclude games and such so it doesnt affect them. And For me, the native eq doesnt work with the sony music player either... My opinion is (at the moment, owned xperia xp For a week, and still i havent got this figured), that the s7 edge, is a lot better phone for music. And i think that My third phone, Huawei 10 lite, is also better. Just because, the eq works and i dont have To mess with 3rd party eq apps. Which are also very Hard To get working with this xperia xp. Yes i know this one Canon play flacs etc with the stock player. But i can do all that with poweramp or similar, with both of My other phones, and also listen To lets say SoundCloud, with a working eq... Im thinking about selling this phone, the music is a very big factor for me with phones. 

But why does the eq work with the s7 on SoundCloud? If its depending on the app, seems quite strange that it chooses To use the native,  system eq, and then on xperia x, it doesnt? Otherwise i like the phone though... 

Keer
Visitor

@Emir wrote:

As @Viridis mentioned above, I'm afraid the EQ does not affect phone calls. As for other third party apps, I'm afraid I have to refer to my previous post where this is dependant on the third party app itself in that it has to choose to utilize the EQ. Slightly_frowning_Face

This does not make sense because it used to work before the update somewhere around Z3 or something. I believe it totally depends on the phone OS because for my Samsung galaxy S8, it is fully supported. Just very disappointed to know it stopped working after I bought XZ2. Because the equalizer was totally fine with my older Xperia phones like Arc and SP it was one of the advantages over other brands because while the older xperias from S series upto Z3 it fully supported the sound enhancement options and then suddenly it is locked out to other 3rd party apps Slightly_frowning_Face Samsung used to lock it out but after their Android 6.0 update? If I'm not so wrong started to open it to all other sounding apps

Attila3
Visitor

HI, I'm facing the same issue. I have bought recently my Xperia xz1 compact and I'm satisfied with the phone, but when I plugged in my headphones and tried to set the equalizer I have realized that nothing changes. I tried with mp3 and YouTube so far. How can we fix this issue?