Join now - be part of our community!

Little red light on the front

SOLVED
Chruwus
Visitor

Little red light on the front

Hi there,
I noticed a little red light just next to the Sony label on the right, above the screen. What is that? It seems to be on whenever I use the phone.
14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@SOUNI1 Read this thread.

alexdon
Edam94
Visitor

I don't have adaptive brightness on and still get the proximity sensor glowing red but my case is a little different than the others, the sensor only starts glowing when my batery is 15% or less (at this level the phone notifies you your batery is too low). I have never used adaptive brightness so pleade don't say that's the answer. I think this is definitely a software bug which needs to be corrected.

YoGem
Leader

@Edam94 I am not sure you are talking about the right led on the far top right or the almost not perceptible red glow typical of the lux sensor. Which one is of your concern? 

Israelil
Visitor

Oh god you all are really dumb. Lol why do you answer when you dont kno. I hate humankind. Its a sensor for when you are on the phone. It shut off the screen so your face do not touch the screen by mistake. Try to put a finger right in front of it u will see ur screen go black. You are probably using an app like textnow or whatsapp. It doesn't end calls properly  sometimes and the sensor stays on. 

Nopeatall
Visitor

Hi guys, i just see the post at this moment. I really know what u are talking about, the red light at the right of the speaker. I spend about 2 minutes on observing that red light spot and then i realize that it glows whenever data traffic icon beside signal icon appears, and it goes dull each time data traffic icon disappears. Sorry if I have problem in English, wish u can get what I mean. 😉