Join now - be part of our community!

Headphone jack not working

Edvis
Visitor

Headphone jack not working

Hello. I have sony xperia x model phone and about 2 days ago my headphone jack stop working when i plugging headphones in.  About 3 days ago audio jack working fine. Now I cannot hear anything via headphones.  Only noisy sound when i touch The screen. I use Wired headphones i Pluged headphones in The audio jack but music playing via phone speakers. I try software repair factory reset but problem is a same. I need help or advice! Maybe is a software bug? Now iam using sound about program from google apps this is only way listening the music.... 

10 REPLIES 10
CameronT
Champion

Hi @Edvis, I am sorry to hear about this Slightly_frowning_Face

I recommend you contact your Local support team to arrange an assessment.

sagar7289
Visitor

After latest software my xperia is also not supporting the other brand headphones which were earlier working fine . Currently only headsets came along xperia mobile are working fine .

BigEars71
Visitor

Right so putting me pioneer headphones were working great a few days back but since a did the new software update now 7.1 Nougat when ever a put headphones in its not kicking in to play infact its not doing it on any headphones even Sony original ones a had anybody know of any quick fixes as its clearly a Sony problem they forgot to push this through on the software update as a cant even get into general settings to the headphones so come on Sony pull ye finger out fix this issue dont say send it to us when the problem is not mine its yours!! 

Goryun
Visitor

Also problemma on Sony XZ

beccam
Visitor

Try disabling the Smart Connect app in 

Settings > Apps (select All Apps) > Smart Connect > Force Stop (at least that's how it appears on my phone)

I've been having the same problem and I tried this after I saw it suggested and it worked for me. 

Hope this helps.

Jamjawz
Visitor

This is definitely a software issue and the lack of clarity is embarrassing. Why has there been no effort to provide a fix when the issue is causing so many problems! 

AndreasKemper
Visitor

I have the same Problem too and  i use Soundabout too, but it don't Work with all of my Headsets/Aux Cables.

I'm witzig for the next Bugfixing Update

BigEars71
Visitor

A had the same issue but now ive fixed it do as the others suggested clear cache force stop it then come out restart phone go to google play store get soundabout install it then reinstall music on the Go/smart connect then use soundabout a few times it forces smart connect to work again my headphone jack is back to itself 👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌 🎧🎧🎧🎧🎶🎶🎶

PTtiny
Visitor

None of solutions for headphone jack not working are useful