Join now - be part of our community!

Does Xperia X still overheat?

MikaelJensen
Visitor

Does Xperia X still overheat?

Hey guys, Im thinking about buying a Xperia X, but I heard alot about it is overheating when recording video. Is this still true or has it been fixed?

50 REPLIES 50
Franzfume
Visitor

Mine overheat also taking picture...
Franzfume
Visitor

Love this phone but if Sony doesn't update camera I have to sell it....
Overheating JUST TAKING PICTURE is unbelievable.. come on guy.
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Franzfume

Test it in >>> safe mode, most likely you have other apps running in the background

profile.country.SE.title
TobiasHedlund
Explorer

@Uliwooly, you seem to have no idea what´s going on here.. The latests Xperia phones are overheating when useing the camera in both picture and video mode.. Even the Z5 is doing it after Marshmallow update came out.

But all you do is to think it´s because of a third-party app but it ain´t!! 

There is something seriously wrong with the camera software or even the app itself because the camera is overheating.. 

I´ve done quite a few tests myself with the Z5, X and X-P and they all have the same issues with overheater due to camera useage mainly in video mode 30/60fps, in picture not as much but still happens.

I wish Sony could and would update the camera app from version 1.2 to 2.0 or something and make real improvements in picture/video quality and fix the panorama mode which is so low-res by todays standard..

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@TobbeSwe

This is a user based forum, contact Sony directly with your feedback >>> Local support

Franzfume
Visitor

No external app. Camera is overhearng....
Pratik14
Visitor

Your still having heating problem. Even if I just keep it on charging or use mobile data , mobile starts heating. And offcourse I cant use camera

deadhead02
Visitor

@Julian1000 wrote:
Mine over heats and shuts done to cool down after recording for 2 minutes
Is there going to be a fix for this because I feel like I've be robbed.

My experia x does this. I really am disappointed. Don't really use the camera but continue to charge and use my windows phone for pics and videos as much higher quality and more reliable. 

Bobo13
Visitor

Iv never had a overheating issue.

Newsh23
Visitor

Mine doesn't overheat while using camera but when I play fifa 15 for around 30-40 minutes it start to heat and cools down fast enough but it's not that serious as compared to m4 aqua.