Join now - be part of our community!

Android 8.0.0 issue : impossible to manually select phone network

Luis1973
Visitor

Android 8.0.0 issue : impossible to manually select phone network

Since the update to Android 8.0.0 - Oreo - it's impossible to change the parameters to manually select the phone network in my Sony Xperia X Performance - you can't block this selection in "manual" -

And this is really an issue living in the border - between Switzerland and France - since the mobile automatically connects to the foreing phone network, activating the roaming with all the supplementary costs that this carries.

Does someone have the same problem?

Solutions?

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
JosephTYM
Visitor

Hi, I have the same issue. I am working in indonesia and the automatic selection always choose the 3g indosatredoo network instead of the 4g xl. Last time, the manual selection allows me to set only on 4g xl. Ever since the Oreo update, I got the same issue as you. Sony should just put back the manual network selection. 

Leandred
Visitor

Hi i have same issue too. Living in Chamonix over the winter season. It jumps over to swiss side now and then giving me extra costs due to dataroaming. I'm on my Swedish subscription! Please fix this, you 

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

To help you out for the moment:

Switch mobile data off.

Screenshot_20180319-002111.png

profile.country.AT.title
rem996
Explorer

Is that really the answer to the problem?

I have the same issue with another Sony Xperia after moving to Android 8 Oreo.

Looks like Sony has done something wrong with it's implementation...?

Mau86
Visitor

Hi, I have the same problem! I live in Italy near Switzerland. the phone automatically connects to the network even after manually searching for the network. I called support and they told me to lanch the software repair with xperia companion. but after restarting the phone, the problem remained.