Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia SP INCREDIBLY slow after new update

SOLVED
vazza
Visitor

Xperia SP INCREDIBLY slow after new update

I updated my SP like normal, and as soon as it booted, it is so much slower than it was before, can someone please help me to fix this, or help me return it back to the older version of android, where it was fine?

Thanks in advance.

244 REPLIES 244
Peet
Visitor

I used the compiler to use it for reading, but I understand what they want!

martinmrmus
Contributor

No,no. Use SUS, it works fine, just try. I didn't believe, but I've try and it's smooth. Really. 

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@TejasKumar,if you downgrade the warranty is not lost.However,some network carriers do not accept other than latest update.

alexdon
Schulze
Visitor

So darn awful slow after the update to 4.3 ... yesterday I couldn't even accept an incoming call because the screen souldn't display it. Chrome just straight up crashes when started.

Need to figure iout how to back up google authenticator data before even trying SUS. Wish I hadn't updated the phone.

IandMyself
Visitor

Surprising!!! After downloading SUS and installing it, I could not find my Xperia SP in the list!!! What´s going on!

I updated my Xperia for version 4.3, factory reset it twice and nothing works well with the phone! Phone keeps stopping, apps keep stopping, alarm keeps on, call cannot be received... And additional applications are the same from previous version Android 4.1.2!!!

My surprise was: please, use SUS... And I couldn't´t find Xperia SP! I downloaded from United States and also from United Kingdom, but no Xperia SP to choose!

Any help, please!

martinmrmus
Contributor

I use win 8.1 and I did this: right mouse click on SUS icon, troubleshooting, click solve problem and in few second it suggest u to start program compatibly with win7. click on it, then u can find sp. I had same problem as u.

Danial-mach1
Leader

are you using windows 8?

then you must run under compatibility with windows 7(32 bit)

jollyboy
Visitor

I am having all the issues stated above after the 4.3 update. I hope they get fixed as nothing I do seems to be helping.

> The Chrome browser is extremely slow and it actually makes the phone unusable for nearly 30 seconds after I try to open it. 
> Though I set the screen to turn off after 1 minute, it goes black in a few seconds while Chrome is taking its time to open and when I press the power button it just wont turn on for a long time. 

> Unable to use the Contacts properly. After I press the contacts app, its opening very slowly and its impeding my ability to answer calls or even dial to someone quickly. 

> Facebook, Whatsapp and most other apps are very slow to work on. 

> Only around 160 mb is free and closing apps is just not helping. 

> Did factory rest twice. Thankfully I backed up my files and contacts. Did not help. Still performance is sluggish.

> Installing apps seems to make it worse and the phone keeps hanging a lot. 

I just didn't expect this from Sony. I am extremely dissatisfied with this phone. On paper the specs are great but in practicallity the experience is quite unlike Sony. They took a long time to come up with an update and the update is quite frankly faulty from what I see here. I hope they fix this in 4.4. To think I bought this phone just 2 weeks ago and installed the update the day it came out. I shouldnt have done that. But never thought it would be such a huge mess. Fail!!

Goldenbear
Visitor

I don't have the speed problem after the update, but my problem was battery drain fast. I manage to stop the battery bleeding by disabling google play store and google play services.See my other post under Xperia SP battery drain under standby. Not sure if the same might helps with the speed issue.

Also I can't understand why so many cached processes are started up which are of no use to me, eg. Retail Demo, Xperia Link, xperia Extention for Throw, etc plus a whole bunch of other stuff. Won't it be better to start them only when you use them?

A handy feature that's missing in the update is the screenshot. Previous version requires only the pressing of the power button and select from the on screen display, now it requires pressing of both power and volume button.
martinmrmus
Contributor

Screenshot_2014-03-11-05-48-26.png

Next bug is that it shows permanently wifi turn on even I have it turn off.