Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia SP INCREDIBLY slow after new update

SOLVED
vazza
Visitor

Xperia SP INCREDIBLY slow after new update

I updated my SP like normal, and as soon as it booted, it is so much slower than it was before, can someone please help me to fix this, or help me return it back to the older version of android, where it was fine?

Thanks in advance.

244 REPLIES 244
matt_pl
Visitor

@matt_pl wrote:

I did an update to 4.3 from 4.1 on Saturday. My Xperia SP comes from a polish operator. Phone became extremely slow after the update. It takes ages for the dial pad to show up after I press a call button on a home screen. Built-in e-mail application opens up very long. When phone's locked I cannot easily unlock it with a pattern because touch screen is unresponsive and pattern draws only after a second approach. Home screen shows after a long delay when any application is opened. I did not have these problems with 4.1. Sony please fix this.

So I called Sony and they advised to reinstall the software with Sony PC Companion. It wipes all data from the phone, but instead reinstalls 4.3 from scratch. I did that, wasting whole day for this, but unfortunately I saw a small improvement in performance. Contact list or Chrome crash from time to time with a message "application stopped responding" and the question if I want to wait or exit the app. I turned off around 10 stock applications which I don't need, however phone is waaaay slower than with 4.1. They also told me that they can't downgrade to 4.1 if I bring the phone to their service center. SONY pls do something about it. Our phones are unusable.

nathansalud
Visitor

Hello Danial. Am I going to lose files (internal) if I reset my phone?

Danial-mach1
Leader

hello nathan

yes all of your internall storage files will vanish due factory reset

Kulveer_Singh
Contributor

Android 4.3 is faster then 4.1 in performance, but it has some bugs, but it 's user interface is very smooth, all apps are working fine. After install 4.3, I uninstall all the extra apps which sony provides in Android 4.3 such as Mcafee ,djstudio etc. then I disabled some services from setting/apps/all. Such as google play books,movies etc.
Also stop auto update option in play store for apps which are not used by me.
Note- Facebook app consumes lot of memory.

Use clean master app to free up memory. It will create a 1tapBoost icon on screen, which cleans memory. Also use it's junk file clean option TO CLEAN SYSTEM CACHE, System cache must clean once a week .
Finally wait for new firmware hope it will solve all the bugs 12-1-A-1-192.
Danial-mach1
Leader

kulveer but i suggest you to clear cache and disable your apps your self

clean master it self consume ram and may cause problems

juliomb179
Visitor

A few tips:

1) After flash FW, restart the phone
2) If the above does not work, clean the apps cache (It works to me)
3) Finally, if none of the above worked, make a hard reset.

kuko
Visitor

I think that Sony must provide a official way for downgrading in case that the updates are piece of crab like this one. I'm sorry but nothing else helps.
3 times pre-installed, factory reset, disabled applications and so on.
Still lags, still problems with dial pad and performance. I have been Sony fan since K750, but no more. Next phone will be with other logo.
Madp01
Visitor

To solve the 4.3 issues, I tried to uninstall the Chrome updates, as suggested by another forum member, and I have noticed a significant improvement in the phone perfomances. 

I don't think the Sony developers are to blame here, since the Chrome update is not part of Android 4.3 released by Sony.

So before reinstalling or resetting your phone try to uninstall the Chrome updates (going back to Chrome version 28.0.1500.94).

22alias
Visitor

Sony seriously need to make option on pc companion to choose what firmware you want to install
kuko
Visitor

Thanks to alexdon now I'm with 4.1.2 again. Performance is much better and most important, again with the older version of maps!