Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia SP Freeze, Slow and Lag after the 4.3 update

SOLVED
Cory_Chasez
Contributor

Xperia SP Freeze, Slow and Lag after the 4.3 update

The new update totally screwed my mom's SP...I purchased it 2 days ago for her birthday and upgrade it...but It drives me insane!!! It slower, Lags each time opening an app and Chrome takes forever to load!!! And the worse thing is the screen Goes Black it freezes and won't turn on when I press the unlock button!!! I must use the force restart button at the back to get it right and I have Repair the software it self 3 times but what did I get??? Nothing!!! The problem Is still there amd now I'm totally feeling guilty about my self for giving my mom a Device that is almost unusable... I hope there's an end to this!!!

37 REPLIES 37
bleesh
Visitor

After recent upgrade to build 12.1.A.1.205 of Android 4.3, my phone freezes at random.

I found that I generally notice it when an alarm hasn't gone off.

The screen is off at this pont and I pick the phone up and press the power button.

The screen lights up but the time is "off", i.e. much earlier than the current real time.

At that point the phone is completely frozen.

The power button doesn't work.

The keypad doesn't work to enter the PIN.

The only solution is to use the force power off button at the back under the cover.

I never had this issue previously and the phone is only 6 weeks old.

I use it to wake up in the morning obviously but more importantly it is used for reminders to take medication - so not impressed that it does this - I have had to resort to "backups" such as a real clock (!!) and also alarm on my tablet.

After reviewing this thread, I have today uninstalled Chrome updates.

Like a previous contributor the size of Chrome went from around 80Mb to just under 3Mb.

Hopefully this fixes the issue.

Thanks for reading - and hopefully thanks for the answer 🙂

bleesh

bleesh
Visitor

Well not good news I'm afraid.

Chrome is now back to factory level and keeps reminding me that there are updates available.

It has NOT updated automatically but I am still having the issue of the phone freezing.

I will now look for instructions on how to backlevel the Android version - but I don't know which release I was on before....

Is there any way to find that out???

bleesh

ellusive123
Visitor

It was 4.3 jb 12.1.A.1.201. You can get the file from xda and flash it on your phone.
Shaikahmed
Visitor

xperia sp is a worst phone options r de but mobile will very slow
Ramnarayan
Visitor

I was purchased Xperia sp before two month and in this phone 4.3 also available here and my friend also have Xperia sp and android 4.1 but his phone faster than my phone..... Please remove this problem and update our my phone in 4.4.
Abdul2
Visitor

Please tell us the exact procedure or methods to make phone much speeder withoup lags.

-Disabled background applications.
-Uninstalled waste applications.
-Disabled background data usage.
-No live wallpaper used

But still lags while swith b/n applications, keyboard, chrome. Sometimes camera will not launch
lazeeboy
Visitor

For those still with lag/freezing issues, try uninstalling Facebook updates or disabling Facebook. Worked for me. Slightly_smiling_Face
Jore
Visitor

Have the same problem with slow phone. Disabling FB account solve the problems!!

Thanks