Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia SP turns on automaticcaly

SOLVED
thijz2
Visitor

Sony Xperia SP turns on automaticcaly

Hi,

The battery of my SP was totally empty and the phone was shut down, so I charged it. But while charging, when its got enough power, it turns on automatically, only to shut down again at the moment its on. What to do??

Please help!

Thijs

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
xavinux
Enthusiast

Hi @thijz2

I would try if have the chance, with another battery as suggested above. If this doesn´t help, contact your Local Sony support for information about how to proceed with this in the best possible way:

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
xavinux
Enthusiast

Hi @thijz2

Are you using original charger with your device? Keep us updated please.

thijz2
Visitor

Yes I do

thijz2
Visitor

When I take it out of the recharger, the red light is blinking two times rapidly after each other

thijz2
Visitor

I'm thinking the on/off button is stuck maybe...

xavinux
Enthusiast

Hi @thijz2

Ok, please try first run a backup of the device information as explained here. Then perform a system repair using PC Companion or Bridge for MAC. This will factory reset your phone and erase all data. You might need to charge your device for about 1-2 hours before so the device has at least 80% battery. Make sure the device is not connected to computer or laptop and turned off until you are prompted (sometimes you have to press power button and volume up until the device vibrates 3 times or on some devices you have to press the small button near the SIM tray or on the back of the device). Start PC Companion -> Support zone -> Update my phone/tablet -> Blue Repair my phone/tablet -> follow instructions. When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button. The repair or reformat process will start. If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64 bit operating system adjust settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode -> chose Windows 7 or XP. Please, keep us updated.

thijz2
Visitor

The problem is that it is not charging, because at any moment that is has enough battery, it will turn on automatically, and then turns off again due to a low battery...

xavinux
Enthusiast

Hi @thijz2

Yes, I understand. I´would try the suggestion posted above in this case. If that doesn´t help would try, if have the chance, with another battery.

thijz2
Visitor

So how can I charge it up to 80% if it can;t even get passed 1%?

xavinux
Enthusiast

Hi @thijz2

If you press the 3 buttons Power, Volume down and Volume up for about 8 seconds and then release them, does the Sony logo appears?