Join now - be part of our community!

Screen freeze on Arc

SOLVED
Not applicable

Screen freeze on Arc

Hi Guys,

My wife has an Arc which does not progress past the SE logo when starting up, when I connect to the update service it suggests that there is no phone connected, I tried changing leads but with the same result. The phone will not switch off unless the battery is pulled out. The battery does appear to be charging ( I have seen the 'flash' icon when I plugged it in). I have seen various methods of resetting the phone on the internet but I am not too confident to try them as they allseem  different. Any ideas how to progress would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
suze
Leader

Hello there and welcome to the forum.  Your query seems to have been missed by the usual suspects that offer answers so I will chip in and see if I can assist you.

When you say you have connected to the update service I am assuming you are talking about Sony Update Service (previously Sony Ericsson Update Service/SEUS) if this is the case then you could try using PC Companion and doing a repair that way.  If you have only tried usng PC Companion then you could try again with SUS Update service - Sony Smartphones (UK) download and follow the instructions.

If that fails then you could try using Flashtool there is a really good guide on this thread

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/92156 to using Flashtool by Uliwooly.  It is one that I have followed and altho it may look complicated it actually isn't.  This is of course an unofficial way to go and I have to add the party line that it may invalidate your warranty.

Your other recourse would be to contact your carrier/retailer or Sony direct with a view to getting the phone looked at under warranty.  Contact us - Sony Smartphones (Global UK English)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
suze
Leader

Hello there and welcome to the forum.  Your query seems to have been missed by the usual suspects that offer answers so I will chip in and see if I can assist you.

When you say you have connected to the update service I am assuming you are talking about Sony Update Service (previously Sony Ericsson Update Service/SEUS) if this is the case then you could try using PC Companion and doing a repair that way.  If you have only tried usng PC Companion then you could try again with SUS Update service - Sony Smartphones (UK) download and follow the instructions.

If that fails then you could try using Flashtool there is a really good guide on this thread

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/92156 to using Flashtool by Uliwooly.  It is one that I have followed and altho it may look complicated it actually isn't.  This is of course an unofficial way to go and I have to add the party line that it may invalidate your warranty.

Your other recourse would be to contact your carrier/retailer or Sony direct with a view to getting the phone looked at under warranty.  Contact us - Sony Smartphones (Global UK English)

Not applicable

Hi Suze,

Thanks for your reply, I was trying to connect to PC Companion because I have not heard of the SUS.

I have connected to the SUS and the phone is now sorted!

The phone was bought 'simless' from Play as a present so if the SUS didn't work it would have been going back to SE under warranty either via Play or a straight post from me.

Once again, thanks for the help, it does restore the faith.

suze
Leader

Oh really glad you got it sorted.  It's always good to score brownie points with the wife by sorting her phone out!

SUS is a great tool for sorting out problems and general advice is if you have an issue always give this a go first.  

Hope she can now enjoy her phone once again.  If you need any more help you know where to ask.