Join now - be part of our community!

Install Apps in SD Card

SOLVED
williamgurumayu
Visitor

Install Apps in SD Card

Hello Everyone,

I should say my Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro SK17i is awesom(except for the battery life)..Now i want something regarding my internal memory..Whenever i installed apps, it is installed into the Internal Memory by default..Although i can move some of the apps into SD Card, most of the apps are damn Stubborn.I even tried apps2SD, which doesn't quite answer my need...What i want is how to store in SD Card by default for all Apps...Is there any hack(maybe without rooting) for this..Any help would be appreciated very much...

27 REPLIES 27
williamgurumayu
Visitor

Hello,

As you said you have recently purchased your Xperia, i doubt you have it rooted..So my suggestion to you is to install a File Manager from Android Market as native File Manager is not provided in Xperia(my experience, it may be wrong..there may be file manager for other Xperia)...

So download and install a good File Manager(i use Astro File Manager) and you can use it o browse your SD card..

Let me know if this was helpful to ya..

this is one of the best File Manageers

OI File Manager

https://market.android.com/details?id=org.openintents.filemanager&hl=en

Not applicable

Hi Dude. It seems that you're having hard time moving those new applicatoin on your mini pro  to your SD. That solutions above is very complicated and labourius. Here's what I did. All you need to do is to get access to Wifi and visit Android market. Click search ( the magnifying icon) and type apps 2 SD or you go to category and select TOOLS and look for apps 2 SD .Download that application and whenever you are download for new application it will automatically gives you an option to save that new apps to SD my clicking move to SD. It really works dude. We need to save our internal memory right.?

not all apps can be moved to the SD card, that's why there's a way around it Slightly_smiling_Face on the steps I posted above

Not applicable

Hi Dude. It seems that you're having hard time moving those new applicatoin on your mini pro  to your SD. That solutions above is very complicated and labourius. Here's what I did. All you need to do is to get access to Wifi and visit Android market. Click search ( the magnifying icon) and type apps 2 SD or you go to category and select TOOLS and look for apps 2 SD .Download that application and whenever you are download for new application it will automatically gives you an option to save that new apps to SD my clicking move to SD. It really works dude. We need to save our internal memory right.? But note, not all applicatoin can moved to SD.

Not applicable

Hi Dude. It seems that you're having hard time moving those new applicatoin on your mini pro  to your SD. That solutions above is very complicated and labourius. Here's what I did. All you need to do is to get access to Wifi and visit Android market. Click search ( the magnifying icon) and type apps 2 SD or you go to category and select TOOLS and look for apps 2 SD .Download that application and whenever you are download for new application it will automatically gives you an option to save that new apps to SD my clicking move to SD. It really works dude. We need to save our internal memory right.?

williamgurumayu
Visitor

Hello Chad,

I know that..You will noticed that some apps are just damn stubborn to be moved to SD card even using that app APPS 2 SD.. the features provided by Apps 2 SD is also available in your Android Smartphone..Just go to Settings>Manage Application and select the app that you want to move(if it is movable, otherwise there will be no option for moving even using 3rd party apps)...

Thats why i posted here and uliwooly-wooly is explaining in an easy way to make this possible..

williamgurumayu
Visitor

Hello uliwooly-wooly.

I came across a pretty awesome File Manager app today and i am uninstalling my old friend ASTRO and now am using this app:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop&hl=en

I gurantee that everyone will like this app...Pretty Awesome...

Winking_Face

the best will be something like this

Root Explorer

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.speedsoftware.rootexplorer&feature=search_result#?t=W251bG...

that way you can customize your phone even more Slightly_smiling_Face

Not applicable

è muito fácil, não precisa nada dessas coisas.Instale o app installer no Market>faça backup dos seus aplicativos>Pronto, eles já estão no cartão SD. Desinstale pelo telefone os aplicaticos que voce usa pouco,e reisntale pelo app isntaller quando quiser usá-los. Fácil.   wal.antonio@hotmail.com Winking_Face240978_300.jpg