Join now - be part of our community!

How to use red, green, yellow, blue buttons with new remotes

profile.country.GB.title
DanJCobb
Explorer

How to use red, green, yellow, blue buttons with new remotes

Just got a newer Bravia with the new remote that has now coloured buttons.

when looking at the tv guide you can use the coloured buttons to select different pages and settings.

how do I access the colour buttons without physical buttons on the remote??

thanks

Tags (3)
6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
SatoruGojo
Community Team

@DanJCobb What's your TV model ?

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

What model of Sony TV have you, and was it not supplied with two remote controls?

My Sony TV came with two remotes, one is a cheap plastic remote with many buttons including the coloured buttons.

The other remote is back lit with less buttons.

There is a 123 button which you press that gives you access to further features like the coloured buttons.

So press 123, select Colour you should see the four colour options on screen, select the colour that corresponds to the task you want to perform.

profile.country.GB.title
DanJCobb
Explorer

Its a KD55X85L

And yes - you reminded me - it did come with 2 remotes which I thought was weird.

The second remote does have the colour buttons and tons of smaller ones - pretty ugly really!

I much prefer the look and feel of the other one - with the minimal design and buttons.

But the nicer remote doesn't have the 123 button you mention

But I now guess we do have an option to choose a colour button if we really need to

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

Yes as your TV is newer than mine, the 123 button on the metal remote is now the Menu button,

this should give you access to the onscreen menus which should include the colour buttons.

Click on the link below to the Sony Support site for your TV, there you can access the online manual, the downloads page and Q&A's.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-oled-tvs-android-/xr-42a90k/result...

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

Oops wrong link in the above post.

This is the correct one for your TV.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs-android-/kd-55x85l

profile.country.GB.title
DanJCobb
Explorer

Super helpful - thank you