Join now - be part of our community!

Updating Sony Xperia Companion

profile.country.GB.title
Thomas301

Updating Sony Xperia Companion

When I try backing up my Smartphone L1 to Google I get an error message saying 'This browser or app may not be secure. Try using a different browser. If you're already using a supported browser, you can try again to sign in'. Would it be worth updating Xperia companion, and if so how?

28 REPLIES 28
profile.country.GB.title
Thomas301

I have deleted this account, since this is the one that's causing the difficulties, and now backup and restore is trying to sign into the new account.

profile.country.GB.title
Thomas301

Still won't connect to the new account.

Piscie
Community Team

Hi @Thomas301, what exactly happens when you try to sign in to the new account? Can you see it as a registered account in the settings?

profile.country.GB.title
Thomas301

Error message when trying to connect to my Google account from Back Up and RestoreError message when trying to connect to my Google account from Back Up and RestoreError message when trying to connect to my new Google account from Back Up And Restore.Error message when trying to connect to my new Google account from Back Up And Restore.

profile.country.GB.title
Thomas301

I can see it in accounts and settings.

Piscie
Community Team

@Thomas301, is the internet working properly on your phone? Have you tried connecting your phone to a different internet network and checking again?

profile.country.GB.title
Thomas301

The Internet works fine. How do I connect my phone to a different network?.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

@Thomas301 

You can go to settings- Wi-Fi- then select the name of the network that you want to connect to, and then it will ask you for the password.

Also, can you make sure that the Google account registered has free space on it or not?

profile.country.GB.title
Thomas301

In settings-network how do I select the name of the network that I want to connect to, and how do I check if my google account has enough space or not?.