Join now - be part of our community!

Can't use phone and it keeps restarting

lightning360
Visitor

Can't use phone and it keeps restarting

My phone has recently started to just not working properly. It started when it kept saying the process system wasn't working however it did work after leaving on for a while. Now, when I turn it on, everything apart from the top bar is black. My background then appears but then the phone restarts. I have tried entering safe mode but the problem is still there even in safe mode.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

1 REPLY 1
Martin1
Enthusiast

Hi @lightning360, sorry to hear about this!

The first thing that I would suggest that you try is removing the SIM card/Try another SIM card on your phone, and then try restarting the phone. If the phone works as intended without a SIM car or with another SIM card, the SIM card might be damaged and in need of replacement.  Secondly you could also try to remove the SD card if you have one. If the phone restarts successfully after you remove the SD card, your SD card may be damaged and in need of replacement.

If none of these measures manages to improve the functionality of the phone I would suggest that you do is to try to perform a software repair using a computer and Xperia Companion. Keep in mind though that since you cannot access the phone, you will need to start the repair without the phone plugged in to the computer and tick the "My device cannot be detected or started, or is a Smartwatch 3" checkbox before proceeding with the repair. Also note that a software repair will erase all user data from the phone.

Try these measures and let me know how it goes!