Join now - be part of our community!

GPS Galileo support

SOLVED
omakalaho
Visitor

GPS Galileo support

Hi,

Does Xperia 10 Plus have Galileo GPS support ?

I read that Qualcomm 636 platform is compatible with Galileo.

Thanks for reply.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jonas
Master

Hi @omakalaho, welcome to our community!

The Xperia 10 Plus does support Galileo satellite navigation, so you are correct! Slightly_smiling_Face

The following navigation systems are available and supported in the Xperia 10 Plus: GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo and QZSS.

Keep in mind that BeiDou, Galileo and QZSS satellites are not used for providing location information in U.S. territory.

I hope that answers your question and have a nice day! Slightly_smiling_Face

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jonas
Master

Hi @omakalaho, welcome to our community!

The Xperia 10 Plus does support Galileo satellite navigation, so you are correct! Slightly_smiling_Face

The following navigation systems are available and supported in the Xperia 10 Plus: GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo and QZSS.

Keep in mind that BeiDou, Galileo and QZSS satellites are not used for providing location information in U.S. territory.

I hope that answers your question and have a nice day! Slightly_smiling_Face

omakalaho
Visitor

Hi Jonas,

many thanks for your prompt reply Winking_Face

I wasn't sure, because on whole internet and too on sonymobile.com site is written only : A-GNSS (GPS + GLONASS)

I'm very happy,  I live in Europe therefore I want Galileo GPS.

Now I can buy my new Xperia Smiling_Face_with_open_Mouth

Kind regards and have a nice day tooSlightly_smiling_Face

Jonas
Master

Hi again @omakalaho and you're very welcome! Slightly_smiling_Face

I had a look at the website and there it only mentions GPS + GLONASS as you said, but I also have access to a spec sheet where the information that I wrote is available, so the website has to be updated according to the spec sheet. It seems to only list GPS + GLONASS even for the Xperia 1, so there is something that is missing in the specifications on the website as the Xperia 1 also supports Galileo.

I hope that you will be satisfied with the Xperia 10 Plus and if there are any other questions before you buy the device or after, please let me know and I'll do my best to assist you! Slightly_smiling_Face